This page provides a summary of changes to SQLite Expert.
- Improved usability for table editor based on user feedback.
- Both Win32 and Win64 versions.
- Redesigned table/view/virtual table editors, using a new recursive-descent SQL parser based on COCO/R.
- Separate editors for table and column constraints.
- The change script is available before applying changes to a database object.
- Experimental SQL formatter on the SQL and DDL tabs.
- Database schema compare.
- Settings are now stored in a JSON file.
- Improved license registration process.
- Added support for partial indexes.
- Added support for tables without rowid.
- Updated some third party components.
- Added support for virtual tables including RTREE, FTS3 and FTS4.
- Added database DDL compare tool.
- Added database online backup option.
- Added support for the ICU extension.
- Added database repair function.
- Added option to open multiple SQL tabs.
- Added tab width option.
- Added keyboard shortcut (CTRL+/) for commenting/uncommenting selected text in SQL and script editors.
- Added skin library.
- Added printing library.
- Added support for custom delimiters when exporting/importing to/from text files.
- Added option to allow only one instance of the application.
- Grid rows now resize height with the size of the text.
- Added option to hide tabs and menu items to prevent bloating the user interface.
- Added code completion.
- Added record editor.
- Added Find/Replace option in SQL/Lua/Pascal script editors.
- Added option to associate custom file extensions with SQLite Expert.
- Added ability to generate SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements based on the visible fields on the current table.
- Added option to limit the amount of memory used when displaying results as text. Default is 10 MB.
- Added option to display the "rowid" on the Data tab.
- Added Extensions tab.
- Redesigned the Database tab to display or set pragma properties for all attached databases.
- Added "Reindex Table" and "Reindex All Tables" options.
- Added support for auto extensions.
- Added foreign key support.
- Added thumb tracking option for grid scrollbars.
- Added options to set the selected cells to NULL or to a specific value.
- Enabled editing triggers and constraints in Personal Edition.
- Enabled cell select mode. Added option to switch between cell select and row select modes.
- Modified query parameter prompt to accept string parameters not enclosed in quotes.
- Added "Generate random data" function.
- Added support for parameters in SQL statements.
- Added support for images imported from Access prefixed with an OLE header.
- Enabled multiple selection for Empty Table function.
- Enabled multiple selection on tables and views for drag-drop, copy-paste and delete operations.
- Added support for attached databases.
- Added support for nested transactions.
- Added ability to copy tables between databases using the clipboard (Professional Edition).
- Added ability to copy tables between databases drag and drop (Professional Edition).
- Applying changes when restructuring a table or a view now uses a nested transaction.
- Added ability to Copy/Paste data, fields, indexes, constraints and triggers using the clipboard.
- Added support for viewing and editing GIF images in image editor.
- Added support for displaying GIF images in grids.
- Added encoding and save preamble options when exporting to SQL script.
- Added encoding detection when importing from SQL script.
- Added save preamble option when exporting to text file.
- Added option to remove the "dbo." prefix when importing from ADO.
- Added Shift-F5 shortcut to execute the current line of SQL.
- Improved Unicode support.
- More encoding options on import/export from/to text files.
- An encoding detection when importing a text file has been included that seems to work reasonably well in most cases.
- Statically linked sqlite library is included.
- Added support for .ICO graphic format.
- Added .sqlite file association.
- Enabled word-wrapping on all SQL editors.
- Added "Close all databases" menu option.
- Added option to cancel import from CSV files.
- Added option to switch between large and small toolbar icons.
- Added support for encrypted databases.
- Added "Schema" tab (Professional Edition).
- Added global option to display or hide record numbers (in Tools/Options/Data).
- Added option to show or hide filter rows on grids.
- Added export to XML (experimental).
- Enabled export functions for all grids.
- Added type mapping BLOB_TEXT -> Blob.
- Added grid filter option (experimental).
- Added file association option.
- Added "show cell hints" option.
- Added custom themes support.
- New option: auto check for updates.
- New option: remember open databases.
- New option: select grid background color.
- New option: get record count for queries.
- Added label that displays whether a query is editable and which key fields are being used.
- Added option for quoting identifiers with square brackets or double quotes.
- Added "Empty table" menu option.
- Added standard menu items (cut/copy/paste/delete/select all) to all the edit windows.
- Added "Delete record" menu items to grid popup menu.
- Program now remembers the directory where the last SQL script was saved.
- Added "Clear SQL" option in SQL window pop-up menu.
- Added "Clear script" option in script window pop-up menu.
- Added "Export to Excel" (Professional Edition).
- Added "Export to CSV" and "Import CSV file" (Professional Edition).
- Added "Set to NULL" option to grid pop-up menu.
- Added UTF-8 support.
- Added UTF-8 table translated in various languages in the demo database.
- Added custom exception handler that displays more context information about the error.
- Enabled multi-selection for all data grids
- New DATE and DATETIME editors.
- Modified the Query Builder to automatically generate field aliases. This is a workaround for a known issue in SQLite: invalid field names in views. For more information see "Known Issues" in the Help file.
- Added Lua and Pascal scripting support.
- Replaced the old Query Builder with Active Query Builder. The new Query Builder supports unions, sub-queries, join properties, as well as saving and loading SQL scripts.
- Added "Generate HTML Report" option in grid popup menu (Professional Edition).
- Added "Reopen Database..." menu item.
- Grid column widths now adjust dynamically to text length.
- Changed the option to limit the number of records to be enabled by default.
- Changed the internal handling of date and time fields to recognize the data stored in the format 'YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.SSS' as described in the SQLite documentation. The date and time fields will be stored in this format starting with version 1.3.2. However, for compatibility with older versions, the program will recognize date and time fields stored in the old Delphi TDateTime format (floating point). The integral part of a Delphi TDateTime value is the number of days that have passed since 12/30/1899. The fractional part of the TDateTime value is fraction of a 24 hour day that has elapsed.
- Added "Select columns" dialog for data grids.
- Changed data grids implementation to use a sliding window so they don't load all the data in memory, thus improving both performance and memory usage for large tables or queries.
- Added splash screen with progress bar.
- Added support for precision in numeric fields.
- New feature: added "Stop Query" button for interrupting the execution of long running queries.
- Added disabled icons.
- Added support for unique and check constraints.
- Basic functionality. Edit tables and views.